We’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award y’all!
Y’all know we blog about homesteading, chickens and chronic illness, and never dreamed we’d be nominated for any award. Let alone a blogging award! Woohoo!
First off, we want to shout out a huge thank you to Courtney Neiss over at My Neiss Life who nominated us for this award. While we’ve entered writing contests in the past, very little came from them. Seldom winning or even placing became challenging. Upon receiving this nomination joy filled us! And y’all know how we feel about joy!
Courtney and I both have a homestead and a handful of chickens! She began homesteading just a bit ago, and we learn a lot from each other. I am so thankful for her! Be sure you check out her blog and stay tuned later in the month for a guest post!
What is the Liebster Award?
It is an online blogging award. This award originated in Germany to recognize new bloggers while sharing their content. We’ve been blogging for awhile, but we don’t have as many followers as you’d think subscribing to our site. The Liebster Award extends our reach to meet new people and we are grateful for it.
Once nominated, we did some research. Cause you know, that’s what we do 😉
In order to accept this award nomination it stipulates we must tell you a bit about ourselves.
Here are 10 random facts about us you may not know:
- Nichole was born in the Philippines
- She also almost died at birth
- We have 37 chickens & 6 baby chicks
- 2 teenage girls (one homeschooled, one in public school) are claimed on this homestead
- We live on 3 acres
- Nichole suffers from fibromyalgia, hashimotos, migraines, chronic fatigue
- She provides tips on how to live with chronic illness
- Nichole also lived in 4 states and 2 other countries before planting roots in Arkansas
- We love to write
- We love to grow our own food and preserve it by canning
Also as the criteria of receiving the award stipulates we must ask questions generated by the blog who nominated us.
Answers to Questions Courtney asked:
- What was your very first blog post about
- Living with Chronic Illness
- What is one awesome thing you have done
- Started Homesteading
- What is an awesome thing you still want to do
- Get a Milk Cow
- What is your favorite time of year, why
- Summer ~ My health is best in this season
- Describe a great moment from this last week
- When my garden plants blossomed from the rainfall
As stated earlier, we want to nominate a few of our favorite blogs for this award. My nominations are:
Please check out these great blogs! Follow them, pin them and we hope you will share all of our resources!
Not too hard right?
Here are questions we are required to ask those nominated:
- How many farm animals live on your property?
- What is your all time favorite book?
- How are your children educated?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Where is the best place you have lived?
Please enjoy exploring these new blogs! We love being part of the blogging community as we all learn from one another!
Counting blessings, spoons & chickens,
~Nichole at The Heritage Homestead